Sunday, May 23, 2010

An event is occurring...

Lost ends tonight.

In fact, as I'm writing this, it is in its last hour.

It's a cultural event. A fairly large one. I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing that is remembered throughout the annals of history and down into the generations. But it's definitely going to cause a small ripple.

Strange to be outside of the ripple.

You usually don't think about the goings-on in other social circles. I mean, I'm sure that there is a world rodeo championship that - to the people participating in it and following it - must be a HUGE deal. But I'm not in the rodeo circle, so not only do I not care at all about the world rodeo championship, but I this is the most I've thought about it ever.

Those things don't bother me.

But, while I've never seen a single episode of Lost, I hear people talking about it every week and it definitely seems like something I would like.

I've made the decision that I'm going to watch it after the whole thing is over. I'm going to give it some time to happen and then watch it at my own pace.

While I think it would be good to experience Lost and know what people are talking about when they bring it up... it won't be the same. For the people who've been watching it every week for 5-6 some-odd years... the people who waited weeks or months (season change) to see new episodes... the people who talked and speculated week to week about what happened the night before...

An event is occurring; and right now, it is culminating.

I'm actually rather eager to hear people's thoughts and feelings on it. As someone outside of it, but interested, it puts me in a rather interesting position. Much in the way they waited for tonight to happen... I'm sort of having my own waiting game. Rather strange.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.

Goodnight.

No comments: