Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's quite alright

It's been an interesting few weeks; and an especially busy week.

Each and every day I find myself getting more and more comfortable with my job. I'm learning quickly and working hard. My efforts are being recognized, which is a new experience for me. I work with a lot of really cool people and I'm making new friends. Suffice to say, it's probably the best "job" I've ever had. The pay isn't the best, but it's about moving up, so I don't feel so bad about it.

Speaking of which, I met an Egyptian vampire at work. She worships Anubis, Nepthys and Seker (Gods of Death)... yeah... She seems nice enough, but she cannot possibly be up to any good. I'm not sure what her plan is yet, but I'm going to find out. One day, I will most likely have to kill her... or she'll kill me, either way, it will end.

Karl got a job at 2k. He starts training on Monday. It will be interesting to work with him, as I've never actually been in a professional working environment with him. I mean, I've known the man over 10 years, but I can honestly say this will be a new and interesting experience. It'd be cool if he were on my project.

My work schedule gets me up early and in bed early. I have weird part of the day free, which means that I could possibly hang out with people if I wanted. But, in an effort to save money, I'm kind of forcing myself to be a bit anti-social and just stay in. It's doing some funky things to my head though, I'm finding myself losing touch with people and time moving very quickly. It's... disconserting... I need to make sure to remind myself to stay connected with people, lest I be left without friends.

That being said my life seems to be finally moving at the pace I was planning for. There were some serious bumps on the road, but now I am progressing into my plans with confidance. I look forward to seeing where life takes me and have a generally positive attitude about the whole damn thing. Truth be told, I was feeling a bit bummed recently, some kind of weird general depression; but for the most part, life is keeping me pretty happy.

It’s alright,
It’s quite alright with me
.

1 comment:

Ruins said...

-maniacal laughter-

Really though, you are too awesome to be on my 'kill list'.

...and remember how I turned you?

^_^

<3

On a more serious note, I definitely understand your feelings when it comes to forcing yourself to be kind of anti-social.

It is difficult that my two best friends require a lot of my time and due to my work that time has been snuffed out almost all together. One does not have a car so that makes things difficult and the other I can only communicate with via the internet right now and most nights I am just so tired from work that I don't even look at my computer.

Again, my hobbies suffer, my artwork and writing are left on the shelf and my favorite past-time of roleplaying has been on pause that I swear my characters are gathering dust. At least we have each other though!